DIY Resources for Closed Captioning and Transcription
While using a 3rd party captioning service certainly makes the captioning and transcription process easier for video producers, sometimes it is not a plausible solution (mainly due to cost). People often ask if there is a “free” way to caption their videos. If you want accurate captions, usually the only free way to get them is to do it yourself.
To help make the DIY process as quick and easy as possible, we have compiled the following brief with helpful tools, different workflow strategies, and captioning and transcription standards.
- Creating closed captions for YouTube videos
- DIY captioning workflows for other video players and platforms
- Creating caption files in multiple formats
- A compilation of captioning guides
- Resources for getting started
This white paper was originally provided by 3PlayMedia. Click here for the original post.