A Simple Method for Verifying Course Alignment
Step 1: Map Module Objectives to Course ObjectivesUse a simple chart (example below) to ensure that you capture course-level objectives, institutionally required learning outcomes or goals, and/or any additional outcomes required by an external accreditation agency. By using a chart to verify alignment, you can
- ensure course materials support all course-level objectives you created.
- identify any extraneous module-level objectives that detract from your course goals.
- Course-Level Objective One = (CLO 1)
- Learning Outcome Two = (LO 2)
- Module One Objective Three = (MO 1.3)