There are tons of tools in the educational technology space, both paid and free/freemium, that can help promote student engagement and facilitate an interactive course experience. Check out the resources below that can help you as you discover new ways to integrate your course content online.
PitchVantage is a cloud-based presentation training software that gives students instant AI feedback and coaching on 28 presentation skills, including delivery, content and body language. Students present to simulated audience that react based on how well the student delivers the presentation. The simulated audience eliminates the live audience requirement. Professors can easily review student videos and provide feedback and run peer review all in one place.
30 second Introduction to PitchVantage: https://youtu.be/QwcYfHgOajg
- AI feedback on 28 presentation skills including delivery, content & body language
- Students present to simulated audience that react based on how well the student presents
- Provides personalized coaching based on the analysis and includes 30+ video lessons covering all presentation skills
- Professor can review videos, provide feedback, run reports and customize assessment rubrics
- PitchVantage works on any laptop, mobile device or tablet
We can transition a class to presenting online in 24 hours and offer pilots to interested instructors.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a demo or pilot please email: [email protected]
With today’s increased reliance on online learning, educators must wrestle with the challenges of maintaining both exam and institutional integrity. That’s where Examity comes in.
Examity offers seamless and secure online proctoring. A pioneer in learning validation, Examity’s online proctoring solution has been recognized for efficiency, security and convenience in online testing. Our platform offers a variety of proctoring styles, from automated through to live, for hundreds of universities, employers, and certification providers worldwide.
- Online proctoring and learning validation
- Integrates Multiple options of exam security ranging from auto ID to live proctoring
- Allows for students to schedule and take exams remotely
- Integrates easily with LMS
Examity is proud to partner with Academic Partnerships and its member institutions. AP partners receive preferred pricing.
Interested in learning more? Please contact Examity at [email protected] today.
As you and your students adjust to this new academic normal, Bluepulse will help you ensure quality teaching and learning continues and you’re providing the best student experience possible.
Bluepulse presents you with a system that is fluid where feedback and meaningful information can be easily passed and discussed between people. That means you can be alerted to an opportunity to improve or resolve issues promptly. This also gives you the ability to be more proactive and less reactive to situations so that nothing and no one is left behind.
Bluepulse is a people engagement app that allows you to:
- Ask open-ended questions
- Conduct polls
- Share information
- Start discussions
All in real time, with instant analytics that give you insights into student sentiment that you might otherwise miss in the online learning environment.
To help you get started, Explorance is offering a free 4-month trial of Bluepulse to any AP institution that begins by August 31, 2020.
Contact Explorance to learn more and start engaging with your students like never before!
Zoom videoconferencing allows faculty and students to participate in synchronous sessions online.
Zoom can be used for group or individual synchronous meetings.
- Live Demonstrations
- 1-1 Consultations, Faculty Office Hours
- Question-and-Answer Sessions
- Group Work
- Simulations / Scenarios / Negotiating
- Practice Presenting / Public Speaking
- Webinar – Live Events
- Dial in by phone as an alternative to joining audio by computer.
- Screen share documents, photos, and video clips.
- Host can control the participant experience, e.g. whether video launches automatically, or ability to use dial-in versus VOIP for audio. Within live meetings, students can raise hands and live chat.
- Schedule meetings in advance or launch instantly.
- Use passwords on the meetings to restrict participants.
- Meetings can be recorded as MP4 or M4A files.
- Hosts can lock-down meeting and restrict participants and/or screen sharing.
Zoom is removing the 40 min time limit on our Basic free account for K-12 schools affected by the COVID-19.
Zoom has created a number of resources to help educators during this time: https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html#education
Contact Zoom to learn more: https://zoom.us/contactsales
Harmonize is a sophisticated online discussion platform that provides students with the social interaction they expect, while engaging in a more authentic manner. Gives instructors the tools they need to monitor and evaluate discussions easily and efficiently. All while, helping the institutions engage and retain students.
- Harmonize Website – 42lines.net
- Why Harmonize Video – https://hubs.ly/H0qHcHy0
- Campus Technology Industry Perspective – https://hubs.ly/H0qHd3d0
- Partner Overview – https://hubs.ly/H0qHcLN0
- Student Engagement Guide – https://hubs.ly/H0qHcMF0
- Generation Z Guide – https://hubs.ly/H0qHcsm0
- Buyer’s Guide – https://hubs.ly/H0qHdt10
- Annotate videos and images
- Easily drag and drop and organize content
- Control visibility of posts and interaction between groups and individual students
- Pull in content from all over the web for reference, recording short videos, and annotating others’ contributions
Download a free Student Engagement Guide: https://info.42lines.net/lp-student-engagement-guide?hsCtaTracking=75281ae1-ca03-4174-9d61-04ffe53f43d4%7C0d4c0a73-a12e-442a-b956-96cbd2dc856e
View upcoming Harmonize webinar offerings: https://harmonize.42lines.net/webinars
If you have questions or would like to schedule a demo please contact:
Director of Sales & Partnerships
Career TEAM provides innovative solutions to complex social challenges such as closing the opportunity divide, reducing unemployment, and eradicating poverty.
The Career TEAM Education Division collaborates with academics, Career Services, and higher education administrators to create solutions that produce ROI in student retention, career placement, and employer/alumni engagement.
We develop and implement customized student success and career development courses and platforms from our robust Career EDGE modules. We provide a competitive advantage in obtaining and maintaining gainful employment through student access to the Career EDGE Toolkit:
- Resume Builder
- Social Media
- Online Job Application Simulation
It is a difficult time for all of us as we work to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on our students, staff, and communities. Just as classes are moving online, we know that providing robust Career Services support is critical to employment outcomes of the students we serve. In our ongoing commitment to career success, Career TEAM is offering the use of our Career EDGE toolkit to provide remote Career Services support.
Career TEAM has worked overtime and will allow our education colleagues to go digital within 48 hours. We will allow use of our Career EDGE toolkit at NO CHARGE as we navigate this crisis together over the next couple of months.
This will enable your institution to have an online/mobile friendly Career Services center and offer the following:
- Online Workshops covering job search strategies, interviewing and professional branding, and much more
- Online tools including an Interview Simulation Trainer for job seekers to practice interviewing using their webcam
- Allow students to build their resumes, cover letters, thank you letters and submit them for review by their career services advisor
For more information and to gain access to Career EDGE for your institution, please contact:
(619) 559 8134
bartleby is a student success hub, developed by Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. (NYSE:BNED) as part of its ongoing mission to serve all who work to elevate their lives through education. bartleby’s products and services are designed to improve student success and outcomes, offering pathways for learning that fit the schedules and demands of today’s student. Current offerings on the bartleby platform include bartleby learn, bartleby write, and bartleby research.
- bartleby learn is your guide to better learning, providing access to millions of step-by-step textbook solutions, a vast, searchable Q&A library, and subject matter experts on standby 24/7 to provide thorough answers to homework questions. bartleby learn helps ensure that users not only get the correct answer but that they’ll understand how to solve the problem on their own come exam time.
- bartleby write is your 24/7 stress-free virtual writing center. Designed to spot mistakes, build better writing habits and transform okay papers into stellar ones with its spelling and grammar check, plagiarism detection, and citation assistance. You’ll also receive a preliminary score so you’ll know how your paper stacks up. With bartleby write you can submit your papers with confidence.
16 weeks free for the entire university
View a resource with more information and an overview here: Bartleby Free Pilot
Just send an email to [email protected] and someone from the bartleby team will walk you through how your students get access to our student success hub.